Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 42: Toucan Golf Club near Panama City - Sunday December 19, 2010

Chac, the Mayan Rain God, was kind to us again today. We played 15 holes before the rain came and 2 of those holes were washed out by the storms. It was a fun, hilly course across the Panama Canal from the City. We could see past the Canal, past the skyscrapers to Panama Bay on the Pacific. It feels very much like we are in the Caribbean part of Central America.

I enjoyed visiting KC, one of the owners, about Panama in general, particularly the attitude of its people. We dined at a nearby steakhouse. It was excellent! My cebiche was one of the best on this trip. A couple of small kids were playing with their X-mas loot as I was going out and they cracked up laughing when I told them: “Yo soy Santa Clause”. Clearly, they didn’t believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment